More Coming Soon! Start an online supplement business today!
We will have many resources available to help you pick a direction and mash the gas. It is our job to help you cut through the red tape and get your online store up and going.
If you are thinking about opening an online supplement store, stay tuned for insider news you can use to help you successfully create your online venture the first time out.
In the meantime, here are some things to think about:
- Do you have web development background?
- Do you have any front end web design knowledge?
- If you answer “NO” to either of the above, you may want to look at hiring a competent Web Development company. Starting a blog or simple website is easy, but creating a dynamically loaded shopping cart and CMS system can take a lot of hours and money. Doing it on the cheap never pays off.
Web Developers We recommend:
- Insite Business Solutions: They are located in Fort Mill SC and are a Shopify certified developer. Check out their program at http://www.insitebiz.com/Europa-Etailers. Email us for more info (the supplemented life at gmail dot com). They currently work with ASPDOTNET Storeftont, Shopify and Magento.
They can automate incoming feeds from multiple sources and also offer 4 different enrollment types depending on what you need, they will have something for everyone.
- Active Web Group
Already have a cart but want to spread your products throughout many marketplaces? Checkout Inventory Source.
Other items of interest:
Tax Advisors- with the changing landscape of internet sales and taxes, you will need to consult with a tax professional to make sure you register and collect tax in the states that require it, help determine your NEXUS, and stay up to date on the 3 bills that affect online sales:
The Big 5
This is where it gets tricky. Note: I am not a tax professional and this does not substitute for professional advice
Beginning December 1, 2014, if you do not have sales tax registrations in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New York and North Carolina, your orders shipped into those states will be subject to sales tax on applicable items.
Fortunately, Connecticut, New York and North Carolina will allow you to remain exempt if you provide us with a completed resale for their state containing your “home state” information. For your convenience, copies are listed below for you to download, sign and return before December 1st.
* As of May 2015- Connecticut no longer offers reciprocity.
CT Resale Certificate (PDF file)
NC Certificate of Exemption E595E (PDF file)
NY Resale Certificate ST-120 (PDF file)
California and Illinois require that you also be registered to collect sales tax in their state or we are obligated to collect it on your behalf.
Please note that you cannot collect tax from your customers if you are not registered to do so. If a large portion of your clientele is in the states mentioned, you should consult with a Tax Advisor to determine if registration in those states is appropriate for your business.
Stay tuned, more to come soon!